LGBTQ College Scholarship
LGBTQ Scholarship For Senior High School Student.
Three things needed to enter the LGBTQ college scholarship if you are not in our support group:
1. You must get a letter showing that you are in the LGBTQ community and that you attend an LGBTQ support group. The letter must be signed by the group leader on their letterhead stationery of that support group/organization.
2. You need to pick one of the LGBTQ essay questions. See our LGBTQ Scholarship page for info.
3. You must volunteer at an LGBTQ support group center for a total of 3 hours. Also acceptable will be helping
at a pride event. You must have a letter signed showing that you helped at a center/event for the LGBTQ. Again on letterhead stationery of support group/organization.
LGBTQ SUPPORT AND SOCIAL GROUP USA – LGBTQ+ College Scholarships SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY 2019 A $500.00 college scholarship will be awarded to an entering college freshman (Fall 2019) that is in the LGBTQ community. The check will be made out to the college with the winning student’s name. A letter will be included explaining the essay contest and scholarship award. Applicants must submit their essay of no less than 1,000 words on or before the 1st Thursday in August (you may feel free to submit it at our regularly scheduled meeting in Clinton that month). The winner will be announced at our September meeting. If you are in our support group you must attend meetings and help out at our fund raisers.
You may choose one of the two topic questions below for your submission:
1) How would you like to see the LGBTQ community progress in 10 years?
2) Which prominent member of the LGBTQ community inspires you most and why?